Sunday, January 17, 2010

Madam Malkin's Skirts for All Occasions

So I recently made two skirts, and decided to post them here. I used a pattern and sewing machine. Pretty happy with the end results!


So this is the first skirt I made. It's a waist-high, knee length skirt, and has a very retro, 50's inspired feel to it. The cream coloured fabric is rather pretty - it has embroidered flowers and whatnot, but you can't really see that in the picture :-/

Anyhoo, this skirt was fairly simple to make, but the only problem is that when I started it, I weighed more, and now that it's done, it's too big! It's going to take quite a bit of work to make the waistband a few inches shorter.... *sigh*

This is the second skirt I made. I was in H&M with some friends, and saw this really cute skirt: it was short, had lots of volume, and was shinyyyy. But of course, since it was from H&M, it cost an arm and a leg. However, being the semi-crafty person I am, I said to myself, "Hey, I can make that!" So I did!.

The end result is a mid-thigh length skirt that has lotsss of volume. The picture doesn't really do the fabric justice, but it's made out a semi-shiny navy blue fabric. I like this one, because I feel like I can dress it up or down for different occasions.


(And in case you were wondering, yes, I did title this post with a reference to Harry Potter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment